FM 102 – Using the Basic Devices in PIPE-FLO (4 Hours)
FM 102 builds on the skills learned in FM 101 by introducing the basic devices used to generate a digital twin of your hydraulic system. Students gain an in-depth understanding of the functions, principles, and parameters required to define the basic model building blocks: pipes, tanks, dP devices, system boundary elements, and reducers, then put these into practice by building simple models and analyzing results for these devices.
- Gain hands-on experience using PIPE-FLO to model six basic piping system devices
- Learn required and optional data associated with basic devices and pipes
- See how the underlying industry equations are applied for system analysis
- Review distinctions between key hydraulic terms
- Understand how to evaluate a device operating under various conditions
- Use tools available to size components and define device performance