Balancing on a unicycle or traveling on a high-speed train – which do you prefer? When organizing your workflow, it can be difficult to keep everything under control. However, the digital thread can help you!
An example from production: In the past, you would have spent hours looking for a CAD drawing to understand a production error. Now digital thread directly reveals all information with full transparency from the beginning to the end of a process.
Who has time for long meetings and endless emails? By implementing a PLM system and the digital thread, everyone involved has access to the latest information at all times – no more guessing games! In this blog post you will learn how we can work together to manage the flood of big data and use the digital thread to optimize our workflows.
The combination of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and the concept of the digital thread opens up new possibilities. The concept of the digital thread offers access to shared data and enables new analysis methods and decision-making aids in day-to-day business.
PLM enables companies to manage the entire life cycle of their products from conception and development to disposal. This platform offers a central working environment for various departments and stakeholders to collaborate and exchange information.
By combining PLM with the Digital Thread, this information is brought together and connected in a digital environment to ensure smooth communication. This allows companies to seamlessly track and control the entire product lifecycle. For example, design changes and impacts on the final product can be linked. When a change is made to the design, it is automatically reflected throughout the system. This leads to early identification and resolution of potential problems and thus to more efficient product development.
1. Increased efficiency: Through the digital information connection, companies can optimize their processes and save time. Automating processes allows employees to focus on important tasks.
2. Transparency : A digital common thread ensures better clarity and traceability of data and information. This facilitates collaboration between departments and minimizes sources of error.
3. Customer Satisfaction : Fast response time to customer queries and needs enables the company to provide better service to its customers. This leads to higher customer satisfaction and long-term relationships.
4. Personalization : The digital thread allows companies to tailor their products and services to the needs of their customers. This allows them to stand out from the competition and increase their sales.
5. Collaboration across locations : With a digital common thread, employees in different locations can work together seamlessly, resulting in greater efficiency.